CROUS : Who can ask for a specific help?
You should be younger than 35 years old at the 1st September of the year in which you are asking for the specific help (annual allocation or one-time support).
ONE-TIME HELP FROM THE CROUS
Specific arrangements to the Covid-19 health crisis
The asking process for one-time help from the Crous has been simplified.
The advanced payment of the one-time help can be exceptionally given without a screening of a commission, for the simplest files. This help remains given on the basis of a social survey to help students who are facing financial difficulties (survey of the file, individual phone interview with social workers etc.).
The maximal amount of this payment can reach 500€ for students facing the hardest difficulties. Those arrangements apply for the whole duration of the crisis.
How to apply for a one-time emergency help?
Contact the social service of your Crous to take an appointment the social service assistant in charge of your study area.
You should be a student with or without a scholarship enrolled in an initial formation in a higher education institution.
If your situation allows it, several one-time helps can be exceptionally given during the same academic year.
- Finance an accommodation (rent, set-up fees)
- Finance one-time purchases (linked to the studies such as supplies)
- Health fees
- Hygiene and living expenses
- Mobility fees (for an internship for example)
You can benefit the one-time helps throughout the academic year (1st September to 31st August)
Every file is examined by a commission that meets on a weekly basis.
ANNUAL HELP FROM THE CROUS
- You are a student completing the criteria of the diplomas, studies and nationality of the circulaire réglementaire des bourses sur critères sociaux
- You don’t identify cases of exclusion of the same circular.
- You are not in one of those situations
- FAMILY BREAK-UP
- RESUMING STUDIES
- OTHER SITUATIONS
- You can request a help an annual allowance application as soon as your administrative registration at your higher education institution is taken into account.
- No application for an annual allowance may be accepted after 31 December of the current academic year, except in cases of sustainable and significant change in the student’s situation.